If Craigie’s is about anything, it’s about the pleasure of enjoying good food.
So, we’re passionate about the taste of produce that’s really fresh because it’s as seasonal and local to our farm shop located to the west of Edinburgh.
That’s as true for what’s served in our farmhouse café as what you’ll find on our shelves. Some comes direct from our farm, some from small suppliers and farmers a little further afield. Wherever it hails from, we think it’s important to know its origins.
And finally, in our cafe, we believe that good eating starts with the best ingredients, skillfully-prepared to make the very most of their freshness and big, bold flavours. Nothing too fancy: good, honest food, with a menu that changes with what’s freshest and in season.
The way we see it, the simple pleasures in life almost always turn out to be the best.
At Craigie’s, we believe in seasonality - eating things when they are in season.
We don’t see the sense in flying in fresh food from distant continents or after it’s been in cold store for months and months.
Fruit and veg in season is tastier and, more often than not, cheaper. Of course, you can buy strawberries all year round, but eat one in February and it simply won’t compare with June’s sweet, fresh crop.
Follow the seasons and you can look forward to different treats all year round!
What's Going On
Pick Your Own
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Pop in to our butchery counter today for your last chance to take advantage of our 25% discount on our rib roast!
Ideal for your Sunday roast, our offer ends on Monday so don't miss out!
What's your perfect Sunday roast dinner?
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Who could resist these?
Available to purchase from Craigies Farm Shop these are an ideal gift for any budding farmer!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe We're very excited about our new additions to the Craigie's Jam Kitchen for the festive season!
Our new lemon chutney is great with cheese or cold cuts and would be a fantastic accompaniment on a cheese board!
What do you like to accompany your cheese with?
We will also be introducing our cherries in brandy which are perfect for any home baking you may be doing to the festive season!
Also keep an eye out for our new range of fruit curds coming soon!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe A few people have been asking what's in our £5 Xmas Veg boxes so we thought we'd share...
This wholesome box of seasonal veg will serve 5 for two meals.
And you'll find the perfect recipe for leek and potato soup here http://www.craigies.co.uk/cafe/recipes
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe If you’re looking for a delicious but simple dish for Sunday lunch this weekend, check out this mouth-watering recipe from Jamie Oliver for Roast rib with garlic and rosemary which is complemented perfectly with golden roasties!
Click here to check it out on our website - http://www.craigies.co.uk/forerib-garlic-rosemary
Don't forget - until Monday 30th November, enjoy 25% discount on our grass fed beef rib roast. Just head to our butchery counter on your next visit!
- Find us on Facebook