If Craigie’s is about anything, it’s about the pleasure of enjoying good food.
So, we’re passionate about the taste of produce that’s really fresh because it’s as seasonal and local to our farm shop located to the west of Edinburgh.
That’s as true for what’s served in our farmhouse café as what you’ll find on our shelves. Some comes direct from our farm, some from small suppliers and farmers a little further afield. Wherever it hails from, we think it’s important to know its origins.
And finally, in our cafe, we believe that good eating starts with the best ingredients, skillfully-prepared to make the very most of their freshness and big, bold flavours. Nothing too fancy: good, honest food, with a menu that changes with what’s freshest and in season.
The way we see it, the simple pleasures in life almost always turn out to be the best.
At Craigie’s, we believe in seasonality - eating things when they are in season.
We don’t see the sense in flying in fresh food from distant continents or after it’s been in cold store for months and months.
Fruit and veg in season is tastier and, more often than not, cheaper. Of course, you can buy strawberries all year round, but eat one in February and it simply won’t compare with June’s sweet, fresh crop.
Follow the seasons and you can look forward to different treats all year round!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Who's getting on their bikes this weekend?13 hours ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Our suppliers database is a great way to see where the food we serve and sell comes from! Track it from the supplier, straight to your plate at Craigie's!19 hours ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe We'd love to see what you've been making!about a day ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Quiche or frittata? Check out our full menu online!about a day ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Thanks to Danielle for sending us this pic! The sun is out...lets make the most of it!about a day ago
- Find us on Facebook