Click here for - GIFT VOUCHERS
If Craigie’s is about anything, it’s about the pleasure of enjoying good food.
So, we’re passionate about the taste of produce that’s really fresh because it’s as seasonal and local to our farm shop located to the west of Edinburgh.
That’s as true for what’s served in our farmhouse café as what you’ll find on our shelves. Some comes direct from our farm, some from small suppliers and farmers a little further afield. Wherever it hails from, we think it’s important to know its origins.
And finally, in our cafe, we believe that good eating starts with the best ingredients, skillfully-prepared to make the very most of their freshness and big, bold flavours. Nothing too fancy: good, honest food, with a menu that changes with what’s freshest and in season.
The way we see it, the simple pleasures in life almost always turn out to be the best.
At Craigie’s, we believe in seasonality - eating things when they are in season.
We don’t see the sense in flying in fresh food from distant continents or after it’s been in cold store for months and months.
Fruit and veg in season is tastier and, more often than not, cheaper. Of course, you can buy strawberries all year round, but eat one in February and it simply won’t compare with June’s sweet, fresh crop.
Follow the seasons and you can look forward to different treats all year round!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Remember it's British Pie week this week and we have lots going on in our farm shop and cafe. We have tastings of Simple Simon pies and few unexpected pies such as pork & rhubarb, pork, Stornaway black pudding & smoked cheese pies on our deli counter, freshly made in our kitchen! Pie week finishes on Sunday so make sure you visit and try our delicious pies before they're gone!7 hours ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Hoping to pop into see us this weekend? Make sure you check out our new range of herbs from the 'Secret Herb Garden'! They are a local supplier from the outskirts of Edinburgh and they grow almost every herb you can think of! You'll be sure to find the perfect accompaniment to any dish!about a day ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe We still have loads of pies left for British pie week! We'll be doing hot tastings of our Simple Simon pies - you can buy these in the shop too. Check out our deli where we will be selling lots of weird and wonderful pies. We're also going to be making home made picnic pies! We hope to see you soon!about a day ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Did you know..? In 2012, 26000 servings of Stoat's porridge was eaten at the Olympic Village in London! We stock their full range of products in our farm shop and we are still running our BUY ONE GET ONE FREE offer on Stoat's blueberry and honey 4 bar multipack! Get them while stocks last!2 days ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe It's British Pie Week all this week at Craigie's! We have tastings of simple Simon pies in the shop, our delicious pies on our hot servers in the cafe and a few unexpected pies such as pork & rhubarb, pork, Stornaway black pudding & smoked cheese pies on our deli counter, freshly made in our kitchen! Make sure you pop in for a visit this week and give our delicious pies a try! http://ow.ly/i/4LO1B3 days ago
- Find us on Facebook