If Craigie’s is about anything, it’s about the pleasure of enjoying good food.
So, we’re passionate about the taste of produce that’s really fresh because it’s as seasonal and local to our farm shop located to the west of Edinburgh.
That’s as true for what’s served in our farmhouse café as what you’ll find on our shelves. Some comes direct from our farm, some from small suppliers and farmers a little further afield. Wherever it hails from, we think it’s important to know its origins.
And finally, in our cafe, we believe that good eating starts with the best ingredients, skillfully-prepared to make the very most of their freshness and big, bold flavours. Nothing too fancy: good, honest food, with a menu that changes with what’s freshest and in season.
The way we see it, the simple pleasures in life almost always turn out to be the best.
At Craigie’s, we believe in seasonality - eating things when they are in season.
We don’t see the sense in flying in fresh food from distant continents or after it’s been in cold store for months and months.
Fruit and veg in season is tastier and, more often than not, cheaper. Of course, you can buy strawberries all year round, but eat one in February and it simply won’t compare with June’s sweet, fresh crop.
Follow the seasons and you can look forward to different treats all year round!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Kwan's Kitchen Tasting This Saturday!
Join us this Saturday from 11am-2pm when we will have Steven from Kwans Kitchen in the shop doing some tastings for you to try their tasty products!
If you haven't tried their range of delicious stir fry kits yet - you're in for a treat! They're great for simple mid week meals and serve 2 in only 10 minutes!
Come along on Saturday and try them for yourself!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe CRAIGIES NOMINATED FOR BBC RADIO 4 AWARDS We have received a few emails and messages from clients saying they have nominated Craigies for ‘The Radio 4 You and Yours Best Food Retailer’ on the BBC Food Award for 2015. If you would like to help us with a few more, we would be very grateful. Thanks again for all your support John Food and Farming Awards - BBC Food & Farming Awards - Nominate here - BBC Radio 4
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe We still have amazing discounts on our own Craigie's Pork!
Don't miss out - pop in this weekend and treat yourself to some delicious pork, produced right here on the farm!
Make sure to ask our butcher about our Pork Taster Packs too!
Only available while stocks last - why not stock up and keep some in the freezer?
- Vohn's Vittles Just tried Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe new handmade courgette and couscous fritters. Packed full of delicious flavours with a wicked kick of chilli!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe If you're heading out for lunch today, we'll be serving our delicious Steak Pie in the cafe!
Our tasty steak pie is made from succulent steak covered in our own gravy and slow cooked for a minimum of 14 hours - topped with handmade artisan pastry! Delicious!
We hope to see you soon!
- Find us on Facebook