If Craigie’s is about anything, it’s about the pleasure of enjoying good food.
So, we’re passionate about the taste of produce that’s really fresh because it’s as seasonal and local to our farm shop located to the west of Edinburgh.
That’s as true for what’s served in our farmhouse café as what you’ll find on our shelves. Some comes direct from our farm, some from small suppliers and farmers a little further afield. Wherever it hails from, we think it’s important to know its origins.
And finally, in our cafe, we believe that good eating starts with the best ingredients, skillfully-prepared to make the very most of their freshness and big, bold flavours. Nothing too fancy: good, honest food, with a menu that changes with what’s freshest and in season.
The way we see it, the simple pleasures in life almost always turn out to be the best.
At Craigie’s, we believe in seasonality - eating things when they are in season.
We don’t see the sense in flying in fresh food from distant continents or after it’s been in cold store for months and months.
Fruit and veg in season is tastier and, more often than not, cheaper. Of course, you can buy strawberries all year round, but eat one in February and it simply won’t compare with June’s sweet, fresh crop.
Follow the seasons and you can look forward to different treats all year round!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Mothers Day Hampers At Craigie's!
If you're struggling for ideas this year, why not treat her to one of our hampers!
We have plenty ready made hampers to choose from including jam & chutney hampers and gin hampers!
If you want to make it extra special though, you can make up your own hamper filled with all her favourite things!
What would you put in your mum's hamper?
Ask a member of staff on your next visit for more info!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe We would like to say a big thank you to Clermiston Primary School for sending us this lovely letter - we are glad to hear you have raised so much for the benefit of the children’s education!
We hope you can continue on your road of success!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe It's Thursday morning which means only one thing - Cake of the Week!
This week we have our deliciously delightful Malteser Cake (which just happens to be a personal favourite of mine!)
Hands up if you agree!
We hope you can pop down soon for slice or 2..!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Enjoy 7 Items from Our Butchery Counter for only £26
Everyone loves a Pick n Mix… so don’t miss the fantastic offer on our butchery counter!
For only £26, you can choose any 7 items from this list! It’s the perfect way to stock up your freezer or great if you cooking for lots of people!
Rab’s tip – make sure you include the Angus steak and Lorne olives – just delicious!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe For your information... Unfortunately we have been experiencing some issues with our phones (we apologise if you have tried to get in touch!) However, we are currently working on getting the problem fixed and the phones should be back to normal again this afternoon! In the meantime, if you need to contact us for any reason, please send us an email to email@example.com days ago
- Find us on Facebook