A Long Family Tradition
The Sinclairs have been farming for over 200 years.
My great grandfather, George Sinclair came to the Home Farm, Dalmeny in 1892 as the farm manager. His son John (Jack) took over as Lord Rosebery’s manager in 1931 until he died in 1952.
My father, George (the Sinclair’s have never been adventurous with names!), was only 14 when his father died so he was a bit young to follow in his father’s footsteps.
However, when he was only 18 Lord Rosebery gave him the tenancy of Bankhead Farm where he farmed for 10 years before getting the tenancy of West Craigie in 1966.
West Craigie was originally a dairy farm, selling milk direct to customers in Edinburgh. As the dairy industry became less profitable, my father gave up the dairy.
We started growing fruit in the mid 80’s, encouraged and helped by a friend from Alyth. A small farm shop sold fruit, potatoes, jams and not much more, if we were there customers got served!
In the early 90’s, we converted a barn for more space to sell our own vegetables and ever-increasing range of jams. The shop was only open six months of the year.
Sadly my father died in 1995, but I, have continued to ‘grow the seeds’ planted by his efforts and energies.
These days, we’re open all year round and produce our own fruit for nearly half the year.
What's Going On
Pick Your Own
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe To sweeten up your pancake day, we have a delicious new range of syrups from Lessadds in Dunfries!
The following syrups are available to buy: Dandelion, Nettle and Elderflower.
Not only for pancakes - also delicious over ice cream, in porridge and in your cup of tea!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Happy Pancake Day!
Our delicious pancake accompaniments for this special day include:
- Homemade Chocolate sauce
- Craigie’s Bacon with Maple syrup
- Classic Lemon and sugar
- Craigie’s Jam and butter
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Join for Pancake Day tomorrow when we will be serving up some delicious Craigie's pancakes - which of our sides will you choose?
Homemade chocolate sauce
Craigie's bacon with maple syrup
Classic lemon and sugar
Craigie's jam and butter?
Hope to see you tomorrow!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Still looking for the perfect present for your Valentine this weekend? Then check out our fantastic Valentines Hamper!
Lovingly put together with a selection of amazing products including; Cairn o’mohr non alcoholic elderflower fizz, Devilishly Delicious Red Berry pot, Cocoa Bean chocolate cupcake chocolates and lots more - make your Valentine smile with these delightful treats!
Available in the shop for £50.
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe
- Find us on Facebook