Craigie’s is the perfect place for little ones to discover that food comes from a farm, not a supermarket. Whether it’s picking (and probably eating) a punnet of strawberries, raspberries, or any one of our year round Pick Your Own crops, they will be certainly be kept busy.
For the more adventurous, they can become a Nature Detective on our special trail or go for a bike ride on lanes, there is lots of open-air farm fun to enjoy. Out side the Cafe we have a Kids area where the kids can see the Tractor.
There’s plenty to discover too - hearing a hen cluck, meeting a little lamb, or seeing the pigs.
At Craigie’s we believe that kids should be able to enjoy good fresh, local food just like Mum and Dad and not have to put up with some poor frozen substitute!
We will happily serve any of the food from our counter in smaller kids portions and charge accordingly.
Please note that Craigie’s is a working farm and whilst we like free range animals, we are not so keen on free range children!!
In the interests of safety please ensure that children are supervised at all times.
What's Going On
Pick Your Own
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe We were delighted to receive a visit from Rural Affairs Secretary Richard Lochhead who has officially launched the "First Stop Farm Shop" campaign. Encouraging people to make their local farm shop their first port of call when food shopping, the month long campaign (which is part of the Scottish Governments Year of Food & Drink celebrations), hopes to encourage people to make a small change to their shopping habits and enjoy more local produce before heading to the supermarket.
Local food definitely tastes much better, wouldn't you agree?!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe It's that time again!
Our Cake of the Week this week is our delicious Plum Frangipane Tart - yum!
Come along and treat yourself to a piece!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe A Friend With Benefits...
That's how we refer to the delicious, and not to mention nutritious, vegetable that is Kale!
With one portion (67g) providing:
Vitamin A: 206% of the RDA
Vitamin K: 684% of the RDA
Vitamin C: 134% of the RDA
(And only has 33 calories too!)
There is no doubt that Kale is packed with a whole lot of goodness! And at only £4.50/kg at Craigies, it is cheaper than at the supermarkets!!
- Megan Welford Hi there Craigie's, I wrote this blog post about our lovely afternoon of fruit picking - thank you!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Another fantastic offer from Rab in our Butchery department.
We may not have had BBQ weather this summer but these marinated chicken packs are every bit as tasty in the oven
Pick up a pack today
- Find us on Facebook