Pick Your Own
We operate a min spend of £2 per person on PYO fruit, payable on entry, the balance is then collected when you leave the fields.
The Pick Of The Crop
Generations of kids and their parents have made a visit to West Craigie to pick their own fruit as part of their summer calendar.
Many, many loyal customers come back every year to pick their own fruit, to enjoy fresh, fill their freezers and make jam to use over the winter.
How does it work? It’s easy; we provide you with a basket and direct you to the best field. You pick your fruit, then weigh it and pay. Simple as that!
When’s the fruit in season? It depends on the weather, but generally PYO strawberries start at the end of June and go on into August. Raspberries start mid July till mid August. We also have gooseberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants, Victoria plums, and big, beautiful sunflowers. See below for details (less fruit highlighted = less fruit, more highlighted = more fruit, no fruit highlighted = no fruit!).
Register for our ‘e-newsletters’ and we’ll keep you up to date with what’s available when.
Picked too much fruit? Homemade jam is easy to make and tastes so much better than supermarket stuff! We’ll happily give you some tips on jam making! Or just freeze your fruit and use it through the winter.
Keep an eye on the fruit news page to keep up to date with what’s coming up and when it’s ready.
We reserve the right to weigh you after picking fruit!
|Crop||Season||Volume||Ready Picked||Pick Your Own|
What's Going On
Pick Your Own
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe A few people have been asking what's in our £5 Xmas Veg boxes so we thought we'd share...
This wholesome box of seasonal veg will serve 5 for two meals.
And you'll find the perfect recipe for leek and potato soup here http://www.craigies.co.uk/cafe/recipes
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe If you’re looking for a delicious but simple dish for Sunday lunch this weekend, check out this mouth-watering recipe from Jamie Oliver for Roast rib with garlic and rosemary which is complemented perfectly with golden roasties!
Click here to check it out on our website - http://www.craigies.co.uk/forerib-garlic-rosemary
Don't forget - until Monday 30th November, enjoy 25% discount on our grass fed beef rib roast. Just head to our butchery counter on your next visit!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe It's time for Cake of the Week!
This week we have a classic - vanilla buttercream Victoria sponge with homemade raspberry jam - yum!
Who will be popping in for a slice?
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Join us this Saturday from 10am - 1.30pm when Christoper Trotter will be joining us for a book signing of his fantastic recipe books!
With fantastic recipe ideas for beetroot, courgette and kale, you'll never again be stuck for what to do with them!
Do you have any of your own delicious recipes?
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Which do you prefer? We're selling a selection of both sweet desserts and cheese-boards which you can order online as part of your festive order... Christmas Order Form | Craigies Farm
- Find us on Facebook