Pick Your Own
We operate a entry fee of £2 per person to our fields during the PYO season, refundable against fruit picked.
The Pick Of The Crop
Generations of kids and their parents have made a visit to West Craigie to pick their own fruit as part of their summer calendar.
Many, many loyal customers come back every year to pick their own fruit, to enjoy fresh, fill their freezers and make jam to use over the winter.
How does it work? It’s easy; we provide you with a basket and direct you to the best field. You pick your fruit, then weigh it and pay. Simple as that!
When’s the fruit in season? It depends on the weather, but generally PYO strawberries start at the end of June and go on into August. Raspberries start mid July till mid August. We also have gooseberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants, Victoria plums, and big, beautiful sunflowers. See below for details (less fruit highlighted = less fruit, more highlighted = more fruit, no fruit highlighted = no fruit!).
Register for our ‘e-newsletters’ and we’ll keep you up to date with what’s available when.
Picked too much fruit? Homemade jam is easy to make and tastes so much better than supermarket stuff! We’ll happily give you some tips on jam making! Or just freeze your fruit and use it through the winter.
Keep an eye on the fruit news page to keep up to date with what’s coming up and when it’s ready.
We reserve the right to weigh you after picking fruit!
|Crop||Season||Volume||Ready Picked||Pick Your Own|
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Book now for Mothers Day on Sunday 30th March! Treat your mum and we'll do the washing up!12 hours ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe If you're planning on popping in this weekend, make sure you pick up some fresh rhubarb! Looks like Spring may be just around the corner after all...about a day ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Thinking about going out for lunch this weekend? Why not pop in to Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe where we source most of our ingredients from our own farm shop! Click on the link to browse our menus and see if anything takes your fancy. We even have a menu for dogs so they can come along too! Menusabout a day ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Remember it's British Pie week this week and we have lots going on in our farm shop and cafe. We have tastings of Simple Simon pies and few unexpected pies such as pork & rhubarb, pork, Stornaway black pudding & smoked cheese pies on our deli counter, freshly made in our kitchen! Pie week finishes on Sunday so make sure you visit and try our delicious pies before they're gone!3 days ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Hoping to pop into see us this weekend? Make sure you check out our new range of herbs from the 'Secret Herb Garden'! They are a local supplier from the outskirts of Edinburgh and they grow almost every herb you can think of! You'll be sure to find the perfect accompaniment to any dish!3 days ago
- Find us on Facebook