There are many ways in which the a visit to Craigie’s Farm can enrich the classroom experience:
- It is the perfect place for students to discover the importance that food comes from a farm, not a supermarket.
- Visits fit many aspects of 'A Curriculum for Excellence', and are an exciting and efficient way of introducing experiential elements to such a project.
- Outlines some of the work that farmers undertake to help manage the land and conserve and protect the ecosystems of different types of rural flora and fauna.
- Visits can be taylored to suit all ages from Primary 1 up to University Students.
If a teacher has any specific experiences they wish the children to get from the visit, we will happily arrange this. Just let us know the details when completing the booking form below and in conjunction with a RHET Project Co-ordinator, we will tailor the experience to suit. RHET will also take care of all of the previsit risk assesments.
A visit will typically take one and a half to three hours.
To organise a Farm Visit, simply complete the booking form below.
Once we receive your completed form, it will be forwarded to your local Project Co-ordinator, who will then be in contact to organise your visit.
Book a Farm Visit
Please fill in the form below with as much information as possible.
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Chick out our new arrivals!
Two day old chicks, they are in the hut beside the piglets. Open the door and have a wee peek, please close the door after.
- Tracy Baxter Simply yummy x13 hours ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe There's only a few days left to take advantage of our delicious March offer!
Buy your tub of fresh or frozen Craigie's homemade soup and a freshly baked loaf of our own bread for only £3!
We have 12 different flavours to try - so it's a great excuse to find a new favourite!
But be quick! This offer is only available until 31st March!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Fancy getting creative with the kids this Easter?
Here at Craigie's, we are selling Easter Egg Making Kits! These allow kids to make and decorate their own chocolate shape and then, of course, eat the results!
Included in the pack is: three bags of chocolate buttons, a shape mould, an apron and hairnet, a stirrer and easy to follow instructions!
Make sure you keep your eyes peeled for our fun demonstration video appearing on facebook soon...!
This is a really fun idea and great for getting kids involved in the kitchen! They also make a great gift idea for Easter Sunday!
These are available to buy in the shop for £9.99.
Check them out on your next visit!
- Find us on Facebook