There are many ways in which the a visit to Craigie’s Farm can enrich the classroom experience:
- It is the perfect place for students to discover the importance that food comes from a farm, not a supermarket.
- Visits fit many aspects of 'A Curriculum for Excellence', and are an exciting and efficient way of introducing experiential elements to such a project.
- Outlines some of the work that farmers undertake to help manage the land and conserve and protect the ecosystems of different types of rural flora and fauna.
- Visits can be taylored to suit all ages from Primary 1 up to University Students.
If a teacher has any specific experiences they wish the children to get from the visit, we will happily arrange this. Just let us know the details when completing the booking form below and in conjunction with a RHET Project Co-ordinator, we will tailor the experience to suit. RHET will also take care of all of the previsit risk assesments.
A visit will typically take one and a half to three hours.
To organise a Farm Visit, simply complete the booking form below.
Once we receive your completed form, it will be forwarded to your local Project Co-ordinator, who will then be in contact to organise your visit.
Book a Farm Visit
Please fill in the form below with as much information as possible.
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe With summer finally arriving, it can only mean one thing… it’s BBQ time!
So this month’s butchery offer includes some fantastic BBQ Packs from the award winning Buffalo Farm with all the essentials you’ll need to make yours the best BBQ in town!
As well as being filled with delicious meat, you’ll also enjoy great savings compared to buying the items individually – what a bonus!
What's your favourite item to cook on the BBQ?
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe “@EdFoodFest: FREE TALK! @plantandgrowuk @ESFW and @craigiesfarm 31st July at 6pm https://t.co/PQJjiVpmaB http://t.co/L7dBEiv1Fo”
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Looking for a way to say 'thanks' to your teacher this summer?
Why not treat them to one of our new hampers? Filled with lots of delicious treats; Craigie's Jam and Chutneys, Mcleans Mini Oatcakes and Ochil Scottish Tablet - a lovely way to say thank you for their hard work!
The hamper costs £15 and if you would like to place an order to come and collect, just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe We're excited about the upcoming heat wave week - it means picnic season can finally begin!
And we all know that the key to any good picnic is delicious sandwiches which is why you should check out our selection of freshly baked bread!
What's your favourite sandwich at a picnic?
We have a great variety of loafs and rolls to choose from and enjoy 50% off all of our freshly baked bread from 3.30pm-5pm everyday! While stocks last.
- Frances McKee Had a great day picking beautiful raspberries today - 4 kilos of jam made - to the Craigie's recipe - perfect. Two aspects the management at Craigies need to rethink: firstly the ingress and egress of the shop/ cafe area - as it leaves a lot to be desired. Secondly, the lack of choice for those of us who are diary free vegetarians.3 days ago
- Find us on Facebook