There are many ways in which the a visit to Craigie’s Farm can enrich the classroom experience:
- It is the perfect place for students to discover the importance that food comes from a farm, not a supermarket.
- Visits fit many aspects of 'A Curriculum for Excellence', and are an exciting and efficient way of introducing experiential elements to such a project.
- Outlines some of the work that farmers undertake to help manage the land and conserve and protect the ecosystems of different types of rural flora and fauna.
- Visits can be taylored to suit all ages from Primary 1 up to University Students.
If a teacher has any specific experiences they wish the children to get from the visit, we will happily arrange this. Just let us know the details when completing the booking form below and in conjunction with a RHET Project Co-ordinator, we will tailor the experience to suit. RHET will also take care of all of the previsit risk assesments.
A visit will typically take one and a half to three hours.
To organise a Farm Visit, simply complete the booking form below.
Once we receive your completed form, it will be forwarded to your local Project Co-ordinator, who will then be in contact to organise your visit.
Book a Farm Visit
Please fill in the form below with as much information as possible.
Pick Your Own
When's the fruit in season?
To see what is coming up and when it's ready...
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe If you're popping in this weekend, don't forget to take advantage of our May offer!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe If you're free next Saturday, make sure you pop in for our Bread Tasting Event!
Join us on Saturday 30th May from 10am-2pm when Ian, our bread baker, will be giving out free tastings of our delicious home made bread!
He will also be offering some hints and tips for making the perfect loaf and how to ensure your bread rises! Come along and say hello!
We hope to see you then!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Pop in for a bite to eat today and enjoy our delicious homemade Fish Cakes!
Made using local fish from Stuart Lawson & Inverawe Fisheries, we will be serving these for lunch today with asparagus from the farm, peas spiced with fresh mint, salad and tartar sauce!
Don't worry if you can't make it today, we'll be serving them for lunch tomorrow and you can also buy them on our deli counter - they go really well with our seasonal salad; ideal for a quick but delicious dinner!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Our Cake of the Week this week is our delicious lime curd cake with a fluffy meringue topping - Perfect for enjoying with a cup of coffee!
Make sure to pop in and try a slice!
- Find us on Facebook