There are many ways in which the a visit to Craigie’s Farm can enrich the classroom experience:
- It is the perfect place for students to discover the importance that food comes from a farm, not a supermarket.
- Visits fit many aspects of 'A Curriculum for Excellence', and are an exciting and efficient way of introducing experiential elements to such a project.
- Outlines some of the work that farmers undertake to help manage the land and conserve and protect the ecosystems of different types of rural flora and fauna.
- Visits can be taylored to suit all ages from Primary 1 up to University Students.
If a teacher has any specific experiences they wish the children to get from the visit, we will happily arrange this. Just let us know the details when completing the booking form below and in conjunction with a RHET Project Co-ordinator, we will tailor the experience to suit. RHET will also take care of all of the previsit risk assesments.
A visit will typically take one and a half to three hours.
To organise a Farm Visit, simply complete the booking form below.
Once we receive your completed form, it will be forwarded to your local Project Co-ordinator, who will then be in contact to organise your visit.
Book a Farm Visit
Please fill in the form below with as much information as possible.
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Treat your mum to some family time at Craigie's
Mothers Day is almost here and what better way to treat your mum than to some quality time with the family and some good food!
Along with our usual menu in our cafe, we will be serving up some delicious dishes such as our Roast Topside of Beef from Puddledub Farm as well as our very own Pork Loin cooked in Craigie's apple sauce!
Book your table in advance to avoid disappointment - send us an email to email@example.com
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe National Pie Week continues here at Craigie's with delicious Chicken, Mushroom and Tarragon Pie being served in the cafe tomorrow lunchtime!
There's nothing better than a delicious slice of pie to warm you up on a cold winter's day!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Hands up who loves Beef Wellington? We certainly do!
The Buffalo Farm have a great recipe for Beef Wellington that definitely ticks all our boxes.
Head to their website to check it out and make sure you let us know how you get on!
If you've never tried making it yourself before, now’s your chance!
Throughout March we have big reductions on beef fillet! Just tell Rab that you’re making beef wellington and he’ll cut to your personal specification!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe It's National Pie week so we think it's the perfect excuse for you to try our delicious pies on the deli counter!
Two of our favourites are our:
Homemade Chicken Curry & Sweet Potato Pie
Homemade Chicken & Leek Pie topped with mash...
Which one would you choose?
- Find us on Facebook