There are many ways in which the a visit to Craigie’s Farm can enrich the classroom experience:
- It is the perfect place for students to discover the importance that food comes from a farm, not a supermarket.
- Visits fit many aspects of 'A Curriculum for Excellence', and are an exciting and efficient way of introducing experiential elements to such a project.
- Outlines some of the work that farmers undertake to help manage the land and conserve and protect the ecosystems of different types of rural flora and fauna.
- Visits can be taylored to suit all ages from Primary 1 up to University Students.
If a teacher has any specific experiences they wish the children to get from the visit, we will happily arrange this. Just let us know the details when completing the booking form below and in conjunction with a RHET Project Co-ordinator, we will tailor the experience to suit. RHET will also take care of all of the previsit risk assesments.
A visit will typically take one and a half to three hours.
To organise a Farm Visit, simply complete the booking form below.
Once we receive your completed form, it will be forwarded to your local Project Co-ordinator, who will then be in contact to organise your visit.
Book a Farm Visit
Please fill in the form below with as much information as possible.
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe We have a winning strapline for our Craigie's Bag for Life!
Well done to...
Helen Macleod with your suggestion of "Fields Full of Family Fun!"
As a prize for the winning suggestion, we are delighted to give you a free bag and a £20 Craigie's voucher!
Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll arrange your prize with you!
Thank you to everyone who gave their suggestions - we were delighted with them!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe We just can't resist Paula's fudge cheesecake as cake of the week!
- Find us on Facebook