There are many ways in which the a visit to Craigie’s Farm can enrich the classroom experience:
- It is the perfect place for students to discover the importance that food comes from a farm, not a supermarket.
- Visits fit many aspects of 'A Curriculum for Excellence', and are an exciting and efficient way of introducing experiential elements to such a project.
- Outlines some of the work that farmers undertake to help manage the land and conserve and protect the ecosystems of different types of rural flora and fauna.
- Visits can be taylored to suit all ages from Primary 1 up to University Students.
If a teacher has any specific experiences they wish the children to get from the visit, we will happily arrange this. Just let us know the details when completing the booking form below and in conjunction with a RHET Project Co-ordinator, we will tailor the experience to suit. RHET will also take care of all of the previsit risk assesments.
A visit will typically take one and a half to three hours.
To organise a Farm Visit, simply complete the booking form below.
Once we receive your completed form, it will be forwarded to your local Project Co-ordinator, who will then be in contact to organise your visit.
Book a Farm Visit
Please fill in the form below with as much information as possible.
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe What's your pick of our jellies?12 hours ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Can't get to the farm this weekend? Maybe you can pick up some jam at one of our stockists!18 hours ago
- Fiona Akacha Hi, can your butchers counter provide extra lean lamb/beef mince? Thanks19 hours ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Who's coming to visit this weekend?22 hours ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Planning a visit this weekend? Why not join our mailing list and claim a free cup of tea or coffee when you visit!about a day ago
- Find us on Facebook