There are many ways in which the a visit to Craigie’s Farm can enrich the classroom experience:
- It is the perfect place for students to discover the importance that food comes from a farm, not a supermarket.
- Visits fit many aspects of 'A Curriculum for Excellence', and are an exciting and efficient way of introducing experiential elements to such a project.
- Outlines some of the work that farmers undertake to help manage the land and conserve and protect the ecosystems of different types of rural flora and fauna.
- Visits can be taylored to suit all ages from Primary 1 up to University Students.
If a teacher has any specific experiences they wish the children to get from the visit, we will happily arrange this. Just let us know the details when completing the booking form below and in conjunction with a RHET Project Co-ordinator, we will tailor the experience to suit. RHET will also take care of all of the previsit risk assesments.
A visit will typically take one and a half to three hours.
To organise a Farm Visit, simply complete the booking form below.
Once we receive your completed form, it will be forwarded to your local Project Co-ordinator, who will then be in contact to organise your visit.
Book a Farm Visit
Please fill in the form below with as much information as possible.
- Early Steps Nursery If you're free why not pop along and have some fun while helping us to make some money for a good cause.
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Hi there!
If you're not too busy today, it would be really nice if you could come and visit me here at Craigie's Farm.
My mummy couldn't look after me so John and Kirsteen were really kind and are now looking after me and my brothers & sisters.
They feed us everyday at 11am and 3.30pm and they always need helpers - you don't even need to book, just pop along!
We really hope you can come and visit us today, we always like meeting new people!
Thank you, from the orphan lambs x
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe As the holidays are almost over, there's only a couple of days left to enter our Design your Egg Competition!
We're giving away a kids Easter hamper full of Craigie's goodies up for grabs for the best Easter Egg design!
For your kids to be in with the chance of winning - head to our website, download our “design your egg” colouring sheet from our website and get them to design their own egg! http://www.craigies.co.uk/…/design-your-easter-egg-competit…
Or if they fancy getting really creative, we are selling chocolate egg making kits in the shop in which means they can create their own chocolate Easter creation! It’s really easy and very fun to do! A great idea activity for the Easter Holidays? These are £9.99 each
You can either post a photo of their entries onto our facebook page, send a photo to email@example.com or simply hand in the entries to someone here at Craigie’s.
The colouring sheets will be available in the café/shop too so they can take part while you enjoy a nice coffee this weekend!
The winner will be selected at random and announced on Monday 20th April - Good luck!
- Find us on Facebook