There are many ways in which the a visit to Craigie’s Farm can enrich the classroom experience:
- It is the perfect place for students to discover the importance that food comes from a farm, not a supermarket.
- Visits fit many aspects of 'A Curriculum for Excellence', and are an exciting and efficient way of introducing experiential elements to such a project.
- Outlines some of the work that farmers undertake to help manage the land and conserve and protect the ecosystems of different types of rural flora and fauna.
- Visits can be taylored to suit all ages from Primary 1 up to University Students.
If a teacher has any specific experiences they wish the children to get from the visit, we will happily arrange this. Just let us know the details when completing the booking form below and in conjunction with a RHET Project Co-ordinator, we will tailor the experience to suit. RHET will also take care of all of the previsit risk assesments.
A visit will typically take one and a half to three hours.
To organise a Farm Visit, simply complete the booking form below.
Once we receive your completed form, it will be forwarded to your local Project Co-ordinator, who will then be in contact to organise your visit.
Book a Farm Visit
Please fill in the form below with as much information as possible.
What's Going On
Pick Your Own
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Our New and extended shop will be opening tomorrow!!
We'll be working hard through the night to make sure everything is ready for opening tomorrow! We're very excited and hope you can come along for a visit!
Better get the caffeine ready for tomorrow, it's going to be a long night!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe WIN A Real Christmas Tree at Craigie’s!
Our lovely friends at Dalmeny Christmas Trees have been very generous by providing us with a real Normand Fir Christmas Tree to give away as a competition prize!
The Normand Fir is the most popular real Christmas tree in the UK due to its lovely deep green colour and symmetrical shape – and now you have the chance to win one for free! And because everyone is different, the winner will get to choose any size of tree up to 7ft!
Check out their website by clicking on the following link: http://www.dalmenychristmastrees.co.uk/
To be in with the chance of winning this fantastic festive prize, all you have to do is:
1. LIKE our Facebook page
2. LIKE this post
3. SHARE this post
The winner will be selected at random and announced on Friday 4th December! Good luck everyone!
Don’t forget Dalmeny Christmas Trees will be here at Craigie’s every day until 23rd December! You can order your tree online or arrange delivery by heading to their website!
T&Cs apply – the winner must be able to collect the tree from Craigie’s farm
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Order your Suckling Pig before 7th December!
If you're not a massive turkey fan but fancy something a bit different this year, our suckling pig is just for you!
This was a big hit last Christmas and because it's prepared boned and rolled, it's very convenient for carving and for fitting it in the oven!
But be quick - orders for the suckling pig must be in before Monday 7th December!
Place your order online now - http://www.craigies.co.uk/butchery/christmas-order-order-form
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Pop in to our butchery counter today for your last chance to take advantage of our 25% discount on our rib roast!
Ideal for your Sunday roast, our offer ends on Monday so don't miss out!
What's your perfect Sunday roast dinner?
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Who could resist these?
Available to purchase from Craigies Farm Shop these are an ideal gift for any budding farmer!
- Find us on Facebook