There are many ways in which the a visit to Craigie’s Farm can enrich the classroom experience:
- It is the perfect place for students to discover the importance that food comes from a farm, not a supermarket.
- Visits fit many aspects of 'A Curriculum for Excellence', and are an exciting and efficient way of introducing experiential elements to such a project.
- Outlines some of the work that farmers undertake to help manage the land and conserve and protect the ecosystems of different types of rural flora and fauna.
- Visits can be taylored to suit all ages from Primary 1 up to University Students.
If a teacher has any specific experiences they wish the children to get from the visit, we will happily arrange this. Just let us know the details when completing the booking form below and in conjunction with a RHET Project Co-ordinator, we will tailor the experience to suit. RHET will also take care of all of the previsit risk assesments.
A visit will typically take one and a half to three hours.
To organise a Farm Visit, simply complete the booking form below.
Once we receive your completed form, it will be forwarded to your local Project Co-ordinator, who will then be in contact to organise your visit.
Book a Farm Visit
Please fill in the form below with as much information as possible.
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe CRAIGIES NOMINATED FOR BBC RADIO 4 AWARDS We have received a few emails and messages from clients saying they have nominated Craigies for ‘The Radio 4 You and Yours Best Food Retailer’ on the BBC Food Award for 2015. If you would like to help us with a few more, we would be very grateful. Thanks again for all your support John Food and Farming Awards - BBC Food & Farming Awards - Nominate here - BBC Radio 4
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe We still have amazing discounts on our own Craigie's Pork!
Don't miss out - pop in this weekend and treat yourself to some delicious pork, produced right here on the farm!
Make sure to ask our butcher about our Pork Taster Packs too!
Only available while stocks last - why not stock up and keep some in the freezer?
- Vohn's Vittles Just tried Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe new handmade courgette and couscous fritters. Packed full of delicious flavours with a wicked kick of chilli!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe If you're heading out for lunch today, we'll be serving our delicious Steak Pie in the cafe!
Our tasty steak pie is made from succulent steak covered in our own gravy and slow cooked for a minimum of 14 hours - topped with handmade artisan pastry! Delicious!
We hope to see you soon!
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe If you're popping in this weekend remember to pick up some of our delicious apple juice!
For the month of January, you can enjoy 4 bottles of our apple juice for only £10!
Made right here on the farm from our own apple orchard, we have 4 different flavours to choose from including Red Devil, Falstaff, Three Apple Blended Juice and Russet.
But be quick, this offer is only available until Saturday 31st January!
- Find us on Facebook