There are many ways in which the a visit to Craigie’s Farm can enrich the classroom experience:
- It is the perfect place for students to discover the importance that food comes from a farm, not a supermarket.
- Visits fit many aspects of 'A Curriculum for Excellence', and are an exciting and efficient way of introducing experiential elements to such a project.
- Outlines some of the work that farmers undertake to help manage the land and conserve and protect the ecosystems of different types of rural flora and fauna.
- Visits can be taylored to suit all ages from Primary 1 up to University Students.
If a teacher has any specific experiences they wish the children to get from the visit, we will happily arrange this. Just let us know the details when completing the booking form below and in conjunction with a RHET Project Co-ordinator, we will tailor the experience to suit. RHET will also take care of all of the previsit risk assesments.
A visit will typically take one and a half to three hours.
To organise a Farm Visit, simply complete the booking form below.
Once we receive your completed form, it will be forwarded to your local Project Co-ordinator, who will then be in contact to organise your visit.
Book a Farm Visit
Please fill in the form below with as much information as possible.
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe We have to agree that you just can't beat the smell of freshly baked bread - which is why we're so lucky that Ian our bread baker, bakes everything fresh in the morning.
And as a bonus, enjoy half price bread after 3.30pm everyday!
Only applies to our own freshly baked bread.
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe If you're popping in today, make sure you check out our wonderful Photo Exhibition by Campbell Ridge, which is being displayed on the back wall in the main seating area in the cafe.
An extra thanks to ENABLE Scotland (South Queensferry) & Craigie's Education and Environment Project SCIO for their generous support in helping Campbell to turn his hobby into a success!
If there are prints which you like, they can be purchased from the shop and all come with mounts and backboard - just ask a member of staff!
- Frank Macdonald helicopter takes off from craigies
- Find us on Facebook