There are many ways in which the a visit to Craigie’s Farm can enrich the classroom experience:
- It is the perfect place for students to discover the importance that food comes from a farm, not a supermarket.
- Visits fit many aspects of 'A Curriculum for Excellence', and are an exciting and efficient way of introducing experiential elements to such a project.
- Outlines some of the work that farmers undertake to help manage the land and conserve and protect the ecosystems of different types of rural flora and fauna.
- Visits can be taylored to suit all ages from Primary 1 up to University Students.
If a teacher has any specific experiences they wish the children to get from the visit, we will happily arrange this. Just let us know the details when completing the booking form below and in conjunction with a RHET Project Co-ordinator, we will tailor the experience to suit. RHET will also take care of all of the previsit risk assesments.
A visit will typically take one and a half to three hours.
To organise a Farm Visit, simply complete the booking form below.
Once we receive your completed form, it will be forwarded to your local Project Co-ordinator, who will then be in contact to organise your visit.
Book a Farm Visit
Please fill in the form below with as much information as possible.
Pick Your Own
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe This Jamie Oliver recipe is gluten free and comes up trumps as it takes less than 25 minutes crucial for those that spend more time commuting to work than they have to cook!
It's the ideal recipe to try while we have our October offer on venison boneless loin, now only £31.50/kg! - you can find this on our butchery counter!
- Edinburgh Bakers We visited Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe earlier and had this amazing Lemon and Coconut Slice.
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Baby it's cold outside...
What a turn in the weather all of a sudden - Autumn has well and truly landed!
With the cold weather approaching, come along and warm yourself up here at Craigie's with our delicious selection of hot food for lunch!
With favourites such as our homemade soup, steak pie, lasagne, stovies, chicken pie, sausages and our pulled pork roll with apple sauce etc, there's always plenty hearty food to keep you full and happy!
Served until 3pm everyday!
Please note, menus change on a daily basis
- Find us on Facebook