More café, more comfort.
We’ve streamlined and improved the way we serve in the café to make it less of a fuss to order and get what you want, whether it’s a hearty stew or soup or just a cappuccino and a plump scone fresh from our oven.
What’s more, there’s extra space and comfy new seating in the extended dining area. All the better to relax and enjoy the beautiful views across to the Pentlands.
There’s free wifi access too.
My father was brought up on Dalmeny Estate where there was a Herd (stockman) called Bert who stayed in the Bothy. To save time during the week he would make his porridge on a Sunday and store it in a drawer! Worry not, all our food is made freshly using seasonal local ingredients from the farm and Steve’s butchery!
To browse our menu's click here
Breakfast is served daily between 9am and 11.30am.
Whether you fancy a large hearty cooked breakfast such as our Lairds Breakfast or just a little something to keep you going till lunch such as our Tattie Howkers Snack or even some homemade pancakes served with Steve’s bacon with maple syrup, Craigies certainly has the breakfast for you.
Hot Specials and Cold Counter
Our daily hot specials are served between noon and 3pm and there is also a cold counter for those who may prefer the Gaffer’s Platter or perhaps a Ploughmans.
There are a selection of homemade cakes and slices on display at the counter, for those with a sweet tooth which includes Gluten Free Chocolate Cake served with cream or ice cream.
To avail of a FREE cup of tea or coffee, why not sign up to receive our regular newsletter and updates.
For the children we understand that kids often prefer what Mum and Dad eat rather than a processed option, naturally we offer kid sized portions.
Nut allergy-our kitchen is used for the preparation of dishes that contain nuts. For more information simply contact us.
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Remember it's British Pie week this week and we have lots going on in our farm shop and cafe. We have tastings of Simple Simon pies and few unexpected pies such as pork & rhubarb, pork, Stornaway black pudding & smoked cheese pies on our deli counter, freshly made in our kitchen! Pie week finishes on Sunday so make sure you visit and try our delicious pies before they're gone!14 hours ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Hoping to pop into see us this weekend? Make sure you check out our new range of herbs from the 'Secret Herb Garden'! They are a local supplier from the outskirts of Edinburgh and they grow almost every herb you can think of! You'll be sure to find the perfect accompaniment to any dish!about a day ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe We still have loads of pies left for British pie week! We'll be doing hot tastings of our Simple Simon pies - you can buy these in the shop too. Check out our deli where we will be selling lots of weird and wonderful pies. We're also going to be making home made picnic pies! We hope to see you soon!about a day ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Did you know..? In 2012, 26000 servings of Stoat's porridge was eaten at the Olympic Village in London! We stock their full range of products in our farm shop and we are still running our BUY ONE GET ONE FREE offer on Stoat's blueberry and honey 4 bar multipack! Get them while stocks last!3 days ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe It's British Pie Week all this week at Craigie's! We have tastings of simple Simon pies in the shop, our delicious pies on our hot servers in the cafe and a few unexpected pies such as pork & rhubarb, pork, Stornaway black pudding & smoked cheese pies on our deli counter, freshly made in our kitchen! Make sure you pop in for a visit this week and give our delicious pies a try! http://ow.ly/i/4LO1B3 days ago
- Find us on Facebook