Craigie's are delighted to be supporting 'It's good to give' as our charity of the year in 2013.
Craigie’s Farm receives numerous requests each week from organisations seeking support for worthwhile causes. We would love to support each and every one of these causes but as we are a business we need to ‘draw a line’.
We do however understand the challenges facing fundraisers and we have a Charity Policy to accommodate the high volume of requests in a way that is fair and manageable.
Selection of our main Charity
It has been decided to support one main Charity where all money raised from charity events and collection cans, will go to our selected Charity.
The period will run from 1st June each year for one year. Nominations for charities are to be submitted in writing to John and Kirsteen Sinclair, West Craigie Farm, South Queensferry. EH30 9TR by the end of April each year. John and Kirsteen will assess the nominations and decide on the successful charity by the middle of May each year. John and Kirsteen’s decision will be final; the reason for the choice of Charity will be posted on our web site. However, unsuccessful applicants will not receive reasons why they were not selected.
Requests will be considered from other organisations raising money for charity to collect money at various times throughout the year. However, the period for collecting donations will be restricted to one week for each charity.
Every year Craigie’s will make available 25 hampers, each to the value of £15, to local groups raising funds for local causes within a 6 mile radius from Craigies. These will be restricted to 4 per quarter with an additional 9 being made available in the quarter October to December each year.
Four special hampers (one per quarter), each with a value of £30, will also be made available during the year for any organisation.
To request a hamper please first check the list below to see that the periods allocation hasn’t already been donated, then please complete and submit the following form.
January to March 2014
1 x £30 hamper donated to Burntisland Out of School race night
1 x £15 hamper donated to Marie Curie Edinburgh West fundraiser
1 x £15 hamper donated to Venture Trust raffle
1 x £15 hamper donated to The Daisy Chain Trust for a Burn's night raffle
1 x £15 hamper donated to The British Red Cross raffle prize
April to June 2014
1 x £30 hamper donated to Scottish Young Farmers educational development program
1 x £15 hamper donated to Cramond Primary School for sports equipment fundraiser
1 x £15 hamper donated to Clermiston Primary School for Summer Fair
1 x £15 hamper donated to Mid Calder School of Dance fundraiser
1 x £15 hamper donated to Queensferry High School Tanzania Orphanage trip
July to September 2014
1 x £30 hamper donated to South Queensferry WRI fundraiser raffle
1 x £15 hamper donated to Heart of Midlothian Swimming Club for a fundraiser
1 x £15 hamper donated to Bonaly Primary School Fundraiser
1 x £15 hamper donated to MUMs fundraiser, feeding children in Malawi
1 x £15 hamper donated to Tom Thumb Nursery Fundraiser
October to December 2014
5 x £15 hampers still avaliable
1 x £30 hamper donated to Dalgety Bay Playgroup fundraiser for art equipment
1 x £30 hamper donated to Willie Wilmot Fundraising Team for Macmillan Cancer Support
1 x £30 hamper donated to Corstorphine Primary School PTA fundraiser
1 x £15 hamper donated to Queensferry PS Nursery lucky square competition prize
1 x £15 hamper donated to Children 1st Kilt Walk event
1 x £15 hamper donated to Sick Kids Friends Foundation and Children 1st
1 x £15 hamper donated to St John's PS Parent Council, fundraiser
1 x £15 hamper donated to Kirkliston Playgroup fundraiser
1 x £15 hamper donated to Autism Initiatives fundraiser
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Book now for Mothers Day on Sunday 30th March! Treat your mum and we'll do the washing up!5 hours ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe If you're planning on popping in this weekend, make sure you pick up some fresh rhubarb! Looks like Spring may be just around the corner after all...about a day ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Thinking about going out for lunch this weekend? Why not pop in to Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe where we source most of our ingredients from our own farm shop! Click on the link to browse our menus and see if anything takes your fancy. We even have a menu for dogs so they can come along too! Menusabout a day ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Remember it's British Pie week this week and we have lots going on in our farm shop and cafe. We have tastings of Simple Simon pies and few unexpected pies such as pork & rhubarb, pork, Stornaway black pudding & smoked cheese pies on our deli counter, freshly made in our kitchen! Pie week finishes on Sunday so make sure you visit and try our delicious pies before they're gone!2 days ago
- Craigie's Farm Shop and Cafe Hoping to pop into see us this weekend? Make sure you check out our new range of herbs from the 'Secret Herb Garden'! They are a local supplier from the outskirts of Edinburgh and they grow almost every herb you can think of! You'll be sure to find the perfect accompaniment to any dish!3 days ago
- Find us on Facebook